(1) Plane Table
(3) Plumbing fork and Plumb bob
(4) Spirit Level
(5) Chain or Tape
(6) Rain roof cover for the plane table
(8) Ranging Rods
(9) Drawing Sheets
(10) Drawing equipment.
To perform the plane table survey one has to follow the following procedure at every plane table set-up at various stations.
(b)Setting up and temporary adjustments:
- Leveling the plane table with the help of spirit level
- Centering with the help of plumbing fork
- Orientation by trough compass or by back sighting
- (c) Sighting the points with the help of Alidade
With the help of Alidade, a ray is drawn towards the point. Then using the Chain or Tape the horizontal distance is measured from the Plane Table to the point. Then using the scale of plotting, this point is located on the sheet.
In this method no chain or tape is needed, just two instrument stations are needed. Intersecting rays are drawn from these two stations whose location is already plotted on sheet(by measuring the distance between them). The point of intersection of the two rays is the location of the point of interest.
Resection is the process/method of finding the position of a station where plane table is placed. Sights are taken towards the known and visible points and rays are plotted.