2. French cross staff is used to set out 45 degrees offset with a chain.
3. A discrepancy is the difference between two measured values of the same quantity.
4. A revenue chain is 33 feet long and consist of 16 links.
5. Every 20 m chain must be accurate to within +-5 mm.
6. For chaining on the slopping ground one can use the stepping method and hypotenuse allowance method etc.
7. Compensating errors in chain are proportional to the square root of the length of the line.
8. Error due to bad ranging is cumulative positive.
9. Negative errors in the chain are caused in chain, when its length is more than the standard length.
10. An error under the same condition always of the same size and sign is called, systematic and cumulative error.
To be continued in part 3...