Classifications of Theodolites
Theodolite is one of the basic instrument which has many uses including traversing. Theodolite is broadly classified into two categories:
- Transit Theodolite In this type of Theodolite, line of sight can be reversed by revolving the telescope 180 degrees along the vertical plane.
- Non-Transit Theodolite In this type of Theodolite, the line of sight can not be revolved in the vertical plane.
- Vernier Theodolites.
- Micro-meter Theodolites.
- Leveling head
- lower circular plate
- Upper plate
- Vertical circle
- Vertical axis
- Horizontal axis or Trunion axis
- Axis of the altitude bubble or Azimuthal axis
- Line of collimation
- Axis of the plate bubble
- Axis of striding level if present.