- Bowditch method has used the assumptions: Errors in linear measurements are proportional to under root of L.; Correction to latitude or departure of any side = Total error in L(or D) * (Length of that side/ Perimeter of traverse).
- To determine the length of a bridge proposed to be built across a wide river, the triangulation method of surveying will be preferred over tacheometry, chain surveying.
- Heliograph is a type of sun signal used in triangulation work.
- A 100 m tape is held 1 m out of line. The true length will be 99.995 m
- When the line of collimation is not perpendicular to the horizontal axis taking face-left and face-right observations reduces the error.
- It is not necessary to do the exact centering of plane table to do the small scale surveys.
- Saddle line is also known as ridge line or valley line.
- Line of drainage basin is the line which passes through ridges and saddles setting up a domain.
- Longitude of a place is measured by wireless time signal and transportation of chronometers.
- In tilting level the vertical axis is not perpendicular to the line of collimation.
- Inverted staff readings are taken for the points above the line of collimation.
- Reciprocal levelling eliminates the error due to inclined line of collimation also.
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Surveying notes for GATE and PSUs exams. - Part 11
The following facts are taken from many references, mainly from the book titled "Civil Engineering objectives" by S P Gupta and S P Gupta.
Thanks for visit!
Solved - Vertical parabolic curve - PVI, PVC and PVT and Elevations at different stations along Curve
Hi, Here is the example which shows you how to solve for the vertical transition curve elevation. Problem: A 3% grade intersec...
Hi, Tacheometry is the branch of Surveying in which we determine the horizontal and vertical distances with the angular measure...
Hello, A short introduction to plane tabling- A graphical method of Surveying. Plane Table Survey: Plane Table Survey...
Hello, Trigonometric Leveling is the branch of Surveying in which we find out the vertical distance between two points by taking...