Surveying notes for GATE, PSUs - Part 9
How have you been? Here is 9th part of one liners for the preparation of the GATE and PSUs.
- If quantity A has a weight of 3, then the weight of A/3 will be 27.
- In a parabolic vertical curve, the rising grade g1= +0.80% and the falling grade g2= -0.70%. The rate of change of grade is 0.05 per chain, then the length of the vertical curve is 30 chains.
- While measuring horizontal angles by the method of repetition with a theodolite, readings are taken on both the vernier. Error due to imperfect graduations will be eliminated.
- An angle-measuring instrument reading up to one-sixth of a degree on the main scale is equipped with a vernier having 19 main scale divisions divided into 20 parts. The correct least count for the instrument is 30 seconds.
- If it is required to produce the plan of a small area under the magnetic influence, plane table survey will be the best choice.
- Clinometer- An angle measuring instrument.
- Tellurometer - microwave instrument
- Pantograph- Plan enlarging instrument
- Ghat tracer - Grading finding instrument.
- Offsets are lateral measurements made with respect to main survey line.
part 5: http://surveying2012.blogspot.com/2013/12/surveying-notes-for-gate-psus-part-5.html
part 6: http://surveying2012.blogspot.com/2014/01/surveying-notes-for-gate-psus-part-6.html
part 7 : http://surveying2012.blogspot.com/2014/01/surveying-notes-for-gate-psus-part-7.html
part 8 : http://surveying2012.blogspot.com/2014/01/surveying-notes-for-gate-psus-part-8.html
Thanks for visit!